Glanton, Alnwick, Northumberland
Development Land, Glanton, NE66 4BN
2.12 Acres (0.9 Hectares)
Full planning consent has been granted for the residential development of six dwellings in the village of Glanton, Northumberland. Offers are invited for the freehold interest.
Site Area – 2.12 acres or thereabouts.
Description – We are instructed in the sale of 2.12 acres or thereabouts at Glanton. The site is located south of the main road and is bound by residential development to the north and to the west. The site is an open field used for grazing and enjoys uninterrupted views south across Whittingham Vale towards Simonside. The Causeway is the main road through Glanton which lies adjacent to the site and west off the A697.
Amenities – Glanton is an attractive rural village situated in the heart of the Northumberland countryside. The site is framed by the Cheviot Hills, Simonside and the Otterburn Moors. Glanton is a growing village and contains a shop, post office and public house. The A697 provides good access south to both Morpeth and Newcastle and north to Edinburgh and the borders. Alnwick (9 miles). Wooler (10 miles). Morpeth (21 miles). Glanton is 13 miles away from Alnmouth railway station which has commuter times of approximately 1 hour to Edinburgh and approximately 30 minutes to Newcastle.
Planning Permission – Full planning consent (without onerous or unusual conditions) was granted on 2nd February 2018 (Reference: 17/00209/FUL) for five 4- bedroomed detached houses and one 3-bedroom detached bungalow. An indicative site plan is attached to these particulars, which illustrates the site area and boundary within the planning consent. Interested parties should familiarise themselves with the full decision notice, however site-specific conditions include:
1) The development should commence before the expiration of three years from the date of the planning permission (Condition 1).
2) Prior to the commencement of the development, the developer is to submit details of the management and maintenance of the streets to the county council for approval (Condition 8).
3) Prior to the commencement of the development, the developer is to submit details of surface water drainage to the county council for approval (Condition 9).
4) Prior to the commencement of the development, the developer is to submit details of a landscape planting plan to the county council for approval (Condition 14).
5) All development shall be carried out in accordance with the tree protection plan, included in the Tree Survey Report Pre-Development.
Planning Permission Continued – 6) The developer must carry out all development in accordance with ecological reports (Condition 17), specifically:
a)Two bat crevices on the south and west eaves on unit five;
b) Adherence to timing restrictions;
c) Adherence to external lighting recommendations;
d) Updating ecological and bat surveys in the event that the development has not commenced before the end of August 2019.
7) Prior to development, a programme of archaeological work is required in accordance with the brief provided by Northumberland Conservation (NCC ref 17/00209/FUL dated 27/09/2017) (Condition 18). Archaeological mitigation works shall apply to plot six. The scheme should comprise of three stages and must be completed and approved in writing by the county council, these stages include:
a) No development of archaeological mitigation shall commence on site until a written scheme of investigation based on the brief has been submitted and approved by the Local Planning Authority;
b) The recording scheme require by the brief must be completed in accordance with the approved written scheme of investigation;
c) The programme of analysis, reporting, publication and archiving if required, must be completed in accordance with the approved written scheme of investigation.
Tenure – Freehold with vacant possession.
Access – The Causeway is the main road into the village. The development would be served off a new access formed centrally along the width of the site leading to a cul-de-sac estate road servicing the properties.
Basis Of Offer – Unconditional exchange of contracts.
Viewings – Viewings are strictly by appointment with the selling agent.
Areas, Measurements & Other Information – All areas, measurements and other information have been taken from various records and are believed to be correct but any intending purchaser(s) should not rely on them as statements of fact and should satisfy themselves as to their accuracy.
Information Pack – Particulars written July 2018. Planning available online. An information pack has been produced and is available upon request, which comprises; planning documents including application and consent and any site constraint information.
Disclaimer Notice – PLEASE READ; GSC Grays gives notice to anyone who may read these particulars as follows:
1. These particulars, including any plan are a general guide only and do not form any part of any offer or contract
2. All descriptions including photographs, dimension’s and other details are given in good faith but do not amount to a representation or warranty. They should not be relied upon as statements of fact and anyone interested must satisfy themselves as to their corrections by inspection or otherwise
3. Neither GSC Grays nor the Vendor accept responsibility for any error that these particulars may contain, however caused
4. Any plan is for layout guidance only and is not drawn to scale. All dimensions, shapes and compass bearings are approximate, and you should not rely on them without checking them first
5. Nothing in these particulars shall be deemed to be a statement that the property is in good condition / repair or otherwise, nor that any services or facilities are in good working order. Please discuss with us any aspects that are important to you prior to travelling to view the property.